“Know the Truth” is a 8-week class designed for adults who want to explore the teachings of the Christian faith, and membership at St. Peter’s.
Whether you are exploring Christianity for the first time, or have been a long-time believer, “Know the Truth” helps you locate yourself on your spiritual journey.
Since we believe a decision to become a church member should be an informed one, these classes offer the opportunity to discuss the basics of the Christian faith and the Lutheran church. In these classes people are encouraged to ask questions about Christianity and St. Peter’s, while building fellowship with others.
You were designed to be part of a church family! That is exactly what St. Peter’s seeks to be-your family. So, at the end of the session, if you feel comfortable calling St. Peter’s “home,” we invite you to join the church. There is no obligation to join just because you attend the class!
What will we learn?
The course covers in a brief manner the chief teachings of the Christian Faith as they are believed, confessed and taught in the Lutheran Church. Weekly topics include: The Bible, The 10 Commandments, Apostles’ Creed, The Christian Church, Prayer, Communion, Baptism, The Lutheran Reformation.
What to Expect?
A relaxed, engaging and fun time to help develop a sense of belonging? A supportive setting to get answers to those questions of faith you always wanted to ask…
- HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER OF ST. Peter’s?
You can become a member of St. Peter’s by: Transfer or reaffirmation of faith…for those who have been confirmed in a Lutheran church; Attending information classes (“Know the Truth”)…Attendance at Explorations is encouraged for all new members and required for adults who have not been baptized or confirmed in a Lutheran church.
- HOW DO I TRANSFER MY MEMBERSHIP TO ST. Peter’s?
If you are a member of another Lutheran Church contact the church office to begin the transfer process.
- WHAT ARE THE HOURS FOR THE CHURCH OFFICE?
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. Phone: 920.925.3547
- HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A PASTOR? ARE EVENING APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE?
To schedule an appointment, contact the church office. Special arrangements can be made for those whose working schedules do not allow them to come in during normal business hours.
- HOW DO I SET UP A BAPTISM FOR MY CHILD? DO I NEED TO BE A MEMBER?
Members may call the church office to arrange a baptism date and time. You do not need to be a member to schedule a baptism for your child. Non-members will need to meet with a pastor prior to scheduling a baptism.
- HOW DO I SCHEDULE A WEDDING AT ST. Peter’s? DO I NEED TO BE A MEMBER?
Weddings are conducted for couples who are interested in building a marriage relationship around a shared commitment to Jesus Christ. Members and non members may schedule a meeting with a pastor. At that time, the church’s wedding packet will be reviewed. Wedding and rehearsal dates are finalized when the wedding application is received by the church office.
- ARE THERE COUNSELING SESSIONS WITH A PASTOR BEFORE BEING MARRIED?
Pre-wedding counseling sessions are arranged through the church office with the couple and the pastor who will be performing the ceremony. Counseling consists of at least four sessions (one hour each). The first session should be set up no less than 8 weeks prior to the wedding.
- DO I NEED TO BE A MEMBER FOR MY CHILD TO ATTEND SUNDAY SCHOOL?
All children are welcome to attend. Sunday School is offered at 9:15am. Classes are taught in the 2 school classrooms. Direct specific questions to the Sunday School Superintendent who can be reached by calling the church office.
- CAN MY CHILD START ATTENDING SUNDAY SCHOOL AT ANY TIME?
Yes. In August students move up to the grade that coincides with their school grade. At that time, parents have the opportunity to meet teachers and accompany children to their new classroom.
- ARE THERE CHRISTIAN EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS?
St. Peter’s offers a variety of opportunities for growing in your faith. Course topics, dates and locations vary. More Information
- HOW TO I BECOME A MEMBER OF THE VOTERS’ ASSEMBLY?
To become a voting member, you must:
- be 18 years of age
- be a member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church
- have read St. Peter’s Constitution and By-Laws
- When you attend your first Voters’ meeting and sign in, check the box on the registration card to indicate that you wish to become a members of the Voters’ Assembly.